From PJJ Wiki
(Redirected from Chats v1:History)
- Created the initial chat at the request of Forexs and V.
- Used flat-file database, and was only a single self-contained chat.
January 8th, 2001
Somewhere after April 2001
- Changed to MySQL. This was the shift from Chats v1 to Chats v2.
- The chats left from before the change to MySQL are:
May 8th, 2001
- First board post on the 'new' in-chat boards.
- Started recording creation dates on chats. Oldest existing chat recorded in this way is Black Dawn: 2110 from May 29th, 2002.
- Bought hosting on TOS
August 26th, 2002
April 1st, 2003
- Made a spoof that LookSmart had bought the chats. Got a lot of fun reactions since they were the ones who bought and shut down Beseen.
- Ordered a dedicated server from Central Internet Web Hosting, but they never got it to work. Was refunded later on.
- Investigated other dedicated server hosts. Eventually settled on ServerBeach.
- First month on ServerBeach was chaotic since the machine would randomly reboot.
- Got a completely new machine from ServerBeach since the old was declared dead. Has been on the new one ever since, with no problems.
- 380 chats, 15000 lines per day, 110 daily chatters.
August 8th, 2005
- Black Dawn: 2110 died due to inactivity. Oldest tracked chat is now Armands Catacombs OOC from August 13th, 2002.
- 390 chats, 10000 lines per day, 130 daily chatters.